Homemade Hamburger or Hot Dog Buns
(using a Bread Maker)
- 1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups flour *
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
(hamburger buns, if you want hot dog buns. cut 'em to that shape)
- Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine, according to manufacturer's directions.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
- Cut dough in half and roll each half out to a 1" thick circle.
- Cut each half into six 3 1/2" rounds with inverted glass as a cutter.
- Place on greased baking sheet far apart and brush with melted butter.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about one hour.
- Bake at 350° for 9 minutes.Note: Oven temperatures vary so check after 9 minutes to see if done. Mine took about 13 minutes until they were nice and golden brown on top.
- I like to brush on some more melted butter when they are hot and fresh out of the oven.
Recipe Source: Craving Comfort
It's so easy to buy everything for summer grilling this is such a great way to add a personal touch to make it special. Great post!ReplyDelete
Trying this tonight to go with our black bean burger recipe from budget bytes. Thank you.ReplyDelete