Mini Corn Dog Muffins
1/4 cup melted butter (4 TBS)
1/4 cup sugar (I use 1/4 cup minus 1 tbs because I don’t like my cornbread very sweet)
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3-4 all-beef hot dogs, cut into 1″ bites
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine butter and sugar in a medium mixing bowl and whisk to combine. Add egg and whisk to incorporate. Add the buttermilk and whisk to incorporate.
- In a separate bowl, combine baking soda, cornmeal, flour, and salt, and stir to combine. Slowly whisk into the wet ingredients.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray, and spoon 1 Tablespoon of batter into each mini muffin cup. Place one hot dog bite into the middle of each cup.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until cornbread is golden brown. Cool in mini muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, and re-heat for 20-30 seconds before serving.
Makes 18-24 mini muffins (original recipe says 24 but I can only get 18 out of the batter)